When it comes time to look for your rental apartment, you may not know what questions to ask a landlord. With so much to think about and consider, some of the most obvious questions might escape your thought process. Before you sign that list take a look at the list of 10 questions you might want to ask a landlord.
1. Is the heat included?
2. Is the heat gas or electric?
3. Is the apartment air-conditioned and is it central?
4. Are the utilities included in the rent?
5. Are any of the window fixtures included/come with the apartment?
6. Are pets allowed? If yes, is there a charge for pets?
7. Is parking available and are there any fees?
8. What are the requirements for a full security deposit refund?
9. Who do I call for emergencies or maintenance?
10. Will the apartment be ready at the beginning of the lease?
While walking through an apartment to check for room size and other things you’d want your apartment to have, you may want to also consider the following:
Are the rooms clean and walls painted?
Are the carpet and floors clean and in good condition?
Are the appliances in working order and clean?
Are there enough electrical outlets per room?
Are there enough phone jacks
Does the toilet flush?
Do the faucets work?
How’s the closet space?
Is there sufficient storage space?
Are the hallways and stairways sufficiently lit?
Are there laundry facilities in the building, and if not where is the closest laundry mat?
You may have more questions of your own to ask the landlord and consider during your apartment. Remember to check out “Forest Ridge” at www.movetoforestridge.com to view photos and find out about features and amenities. Or, call them at 1-877-232-8604. With a better idea of what questions to ask and what to look for when apartment hunting, Forest Ridge Apartments is your best bet to finding exactly what you’re looking for in a living space.